Saturday, January 14, 2017

Ice Cream, Quilting and Cupcakes

I do still want to have a blog, but the longer I wait to write the next post, the more stuff I have to write about and it just seems so daunting.  I will attempt to only post a little and actually get this out for you to see. 

I saw a picture of an antique quilt in Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting magazine and had to make it.  I came up with my own pattern and used 2 1/2" scraps to make this MULTIPLE BARN RAISING QUILT top.  Of course, it still needs to be made into a quilt.





I mentioned in an earlier post that I started quilting because I love log cabin quilts.  I decided to make my first COURTHOUSE STEPS LOG CABIN QUILT.  I used 1 1/2" strips and the pattern was for 1 1/4" strips.  I made sure to use civil war reproduction fabric, which is my favorite.  I still have to quilt it. 


 

For her birthday, I made my future daughter-in-law these pillows from fabric she loves.


This summer I played around with strip quilting on paper.  I haven't sewn these together yet.  I'm not sure if this is what I want the end result to be. Stay tuned. 


We are trying something new at our ice cream parlor this winter.  We are open on weekends and are baking homemade desserts.  I love to bake and this gives me a great place to try new and old recipes.  So, I leave you a picture of cupcakes instead of something about ice cream. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment