Monday, May 02, 2016

IT'S ICE CREAM SEASON

My main focus is ice cream this time of year, but I do have three quilts done I want to show you. Here is my first king sized quilt. 
 
 
 
I did large daisies to go with the alternate fabric blocks.
 
 
 
Here is the Carrie Nelson design.  It's queen size.
 
 
 
Loops and stars, one of my favorite quilting patterns.
 
 
I always wanted to make a red and white quilt.  Not exactly the scale I planned, but it was an easy backing to make for this quilt.  Hey, what is that lump?
 
 
Oh, it's just you, Bud.  How do you always get in my photo shoots???
 
 
Here in Manitoba, we have wedding socials.  It's a big party to help raise money for weddings.  I finally finished the second top I ever made with applique flowers.  It will be one of the grand prizes for our daughter and future son-in-law's social.  It's 54"x70."
 
 
 
I tried to replicate the circle in a circle from the flowers. 
 
 
 
Here is one of three kinds of Shack Attacks you can order at our ice cream parlor.  It starts with 9 scoops of ice cream and is often eaten by one person.  Others opt for some help.  This is the Gone Nutty option, but we also have Gone Bananas and Chocolate Explosion.  Come hungry!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment