Monday, February 29, 2016

365 Quilt Block Challenge Update

 
Here is the middle medallion block and all the 3" blocks I have finished.  I was out of town for 5 days and then had 2 huge quilts to quilt and found I was behind by 10 blocks.  It's hard to make that up and I am proud to say I am 2 blocks behind.  Almost there.  It was hard when I had 20 half square triangles to trim to 1" to finish one block.  Super cute, though!  I used some of my Kim Diehl fabric to do the center block.  I only save that for very special things!
 
 
This is the finished top I showed last time.  I have quilted it, but haven't had time to take a finished photo.  That will have to come next time.
 
 
But, I thought I would show you how I quilt my quilts.  I have never needed such a wide setup before.  My husband made a 4 foot extension table to add to the 8 foot one I usually use.  I have a Janome 1600P.  It's the perfect machine for this quilting.  We had to use the living room because my quilt room is not that large.  It's kind of like the set up for a long arm machine, only it's just not that deep.

 
You can see how much room I have to work with.  This keeps getting smaller and smaller as the quilt rolls up.  Still...way easier moving the machine on a rail system than having to move the quilt.  I don't think the Canadian company is in business anymore.  I bought it from a fellow quilter.
 
 
As for the 365 quilt block challenge, I may only make the 3" blocks, I may get too busy during ice cream season, but for now, I will try to keep up.  If you are interested the link is: http://www.365challenge.com.au/
 


No comments:

Post a Comment