Saturday, January 16, 2016

HAVING FUN MAKING A BLOCK-A-DAY

Before we get to this week's blocks, here is the quilt that hangs over our bed.  When I saw this pattern in an old magazine, it was love at first sight! It was calling to be hand-quilted.
 
 
The pieced border runs all the way around.  I made a hanging sleeve so it fit nicely in the area over the headboard.  I didn't want it to damage the quilt by hanging on the fairly thin curtain rod, so my husband suggested we put plumber foam around the rod to give it some cushion.  It works perfectly!  The name the designer gave it is SPRING FLING.  I called it my BUSY QUILT!  Either way, I love it! 
 
 
Week two of the 365 quilt block challenge. All 3" blocks with gold as the dominate color.
 
 
And don't forget....
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I especially like the blue with the gold colour combination on the new blocks. I'm having a great time watching this quilt-in-progress.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chris! I have been picking most of the pieces from my scraps. I did cut a lot of different size widths of the gold, but am trying for more variety than red and gold. I may have to cut some of my yardage...

    ReplyDelete